Saturday, May 05, 2007

Tapping foot impatiently...

So, last week there was a big sale on Amazon.com. Specifically, it was a sale on certain knitting books that I've been drooling over - Knitting Nature and Knitting on the Edge, for example. A few weeks ago, I filled out some surveys for scientific supply companies, and I got a $15 and a $25 gift card to...Amazon.com! So I ordered those two and Last-Minute Knitted Gifts. I picked the free shipping option (because I am, above nearly all things, a cheapskate), which has an estimated delivery time of 10-14 days. Package tracking is the BEST thing ever. According to the website, my package was in Kansas City at 1:00 AM on May 4, Waco at 9:00 PM (couldn't they have dropped it off on the way?), and Oklahoma City at 9:00 AM! Then they said it was "out for delivery." But at 12:46, it was still in Oklahoma City. I was hoping to get it before I leave for the Knit-In at 3:45, but I guess that can't be helped. I'm going to make the Hourglass Sweater from LMKG with the Fleur de Lis yarn I got in a swap.

No comments: