Tuesday, May 08, 2007

Another rainy day

I love rainy days. The sound of rain is one of my favorites, along with thunder. It makes me want to curl up with a blanket and a cup of tea for a morning of reading (or knitting!). Somehow, though, I always wind up having to work on the deluge days. I may have to take a "rain day" one of these days.

I don't love driving in rainy days, especially when my 25-minute commute turns into a 1-hour commute on a day when I'm supposed to be ready to scan a Western blot at 9:00. At least the demo was pushed back to tomorrow. *I forgot to scan the blot! Oh, great.*

I got a swap package from samm at Knittinghelp.com today! I sent her several balls of Magic Stripes, and she sent me the Winter 2005 issue of Interweave Knits, some grey sock yarn that'll be great for cabled or lace socks, a cute tape measure and magnets, and a ball of pretty variegated yarn that'll make a great cabled scarf or wristlets. Thanks samm!

Tomorrow night is the AWANA awards night rehearsal. That'll be..."fun." The kindergarteners have been really hyper lately, probably because they know it's the end of the year. Two more weeks!

Oh, and Beverly sent me this site - amazing knitting and photography! Thanks for telling me about it!

No comments: