Thursday, January 18, 2007

Finally, a finished object!!!

I finished Calorimetry from Knitty! It's a quick and easy knit. I adjusted the pattern a bit:
- used Patons SWS in Natural Earth (this colorway is GORGEOUS!)
- cast on 80 stitches instead of 120 (the pattern must have been written for someone with a REALLY large head!)
- repeated the short rows 10 times instead of 14

Oh, and the really big news - I got to see Baby J today! I cannot believe how tiny he is. His mom asked if I wanted to hold him, and I would've loved to hold him, but my dad was waiting for me outside in the slushy ice. I'm looking forward to getting to know the newest addition to our group. May God bless him and keep him safe, happy, and healthy, and may he always know he is loved by his mom and dad and his Creator.

Speaking of our group - oops. We had a fellowship night tonight. I forgot...

I had my first graduate school class on Wednesday! It was...interesting. For one thing, I decided to dress very professionally (and by very professionally, I mean black slacks, blue striped button-down blouse, and black sweater), because there was a big kafuffle a few years ago about professional students not dressing professionally. I was the only student not wearing jeans! Oh well. The students seemed friendly enough, but I felt really out-of-place, since I'm the only grad student there. I think it'll be a good class (despite the rumors of a 200-page syllabus of DOOM...).

No comments: