Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Thrift store finds

When you say that you went shopping on your birthday, thrift stores are not usually what come to the minds of most people!

Here we have an ickle ball of someone's first handspun. I think this would be a fun edging for gloves or something. It's a very '70's avocado green and gold. (But hey, it was 40 cents. And it needed a home.)

At the same store, I also found two crochet books. I do crochet every now and then...less now, more then.





And boy, are there some interesting patterns in the binder. For your viewing enjoyment, here are some selections!
The diamond-square doily, I thought, was kind of neat. The turtle is cute, too.

Although I'm not sure why a doll without knees needs a jogging outfit.








Teddy bear garlands should definitely not look like they're planning the best way to rip out your innards while you sleep.


"Sleep well" is fine to crochet on your sheets. "Vote for Joe" or "The bedbugs here are terrible" might be a bit intimidating for your guests. (This, of course, could be used to your advantage.)








On a less scary note, this is a wool, acrylic, and cotton blend sweater with good seams. It'll be a demonstration for a Guild presentation about recycling yarn.
And I also found some fun yarn!

1 comment:

Becka said...

I'm going to have to start thrift store shopping! I've not yet recycled a sweater, but would love to try!