Monday, July 30, 2007

You know you're a yarnaholic...

...when while getting ready for a vacation, you pack your knitting before your clothes.

We're going on vacation for a few days. I don't know exactly where, but my dad decided (last week) that we needed a family trip. Oh joy. Seven hours with my family in a minivan. At least I have a CD player and headphones. And knitting - plenty of knitting. (Is there such a thing?)

Projects I'm bringing with me:
1. Basic stockinette socks in Lion Brand Magic Stripes on size 2 needles - one's finished. I think I set a new personal record yesterday - cast on to partway through gusset in half a day. With any luck, I'll have a new pair of socks by the time we get to the western border of the state.
2. Conwy socks from Nancy Bush's Knitting on the Road in Sockotta - one finished, major SSS on the other.
3. Opal Silk to make Jaywalkers
4. Omega Sinfonia in Royal Blue to make Green Gable (thank goodness for interchangeable needles!). I got this yarn from Hobby Lobby on Saturday. It's a really pretty royal blue sportweight cotton.
5. WoolEase Sportweight to make the Essential Stripe pullover (minus the stripes).

No comments: