Friday, July 20, 2007

Less than five hours now!

I'm in the second group of 150 to get my very own copy of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows!!! So excited!

Oh, it's been almost a month since I last posted. Bad me. I'm feeling a little embarrassed.

Since there's so little time left before I read DH, here's my last shot at playing Professor Trelawney with some predictions:
1. Snape killed Dumbledore on Dumbledore's orders.
2. Snape had a thing for Lily Evans-Potter.
3. Pettigrew will fulfill his life-debt to Harry.
4. RAB is Regulus Black.
5. The final battle will take place during a full moon, and werewolves will be involved somehow.
6. Who dies: Lord Moldyshorts, Snape, Pettigrew, and Bellatrix; Hagrid, Percy Weasley, and somebody else major (I wouldn't be surprised if it's Neville or Luna; please not Lupin or Tonks!).

Knitting-wise, I've been plugging away on the cable-down raglan and a Ravenclaw house scarf. I'm on the bottom edging for the CDR! Somehow, I kept getting distracted at work and knit some purls and purled some knits. With any luck, I'll finish the bottom and at least part of a sleeve at the DH release party at Borders tonight.

I got my first Addi Turbo circular needle! At the Knit-In at the Gourmet Yarn Company, I won 2nd prize for the kiwi lime gelato I brought, so I got a gift certificate. Thank you Margaret! I got a size 1 47" lace Turbo that I can use for Magic Loop or the lace shawl that I WILL make someday. I've signed up to make the Mystery Shawl, but I'm not letting myself cast on until I finish the CDR.

I've decided that I LOVE knitting from charts! I tried knitting from an old Vogue stitch dictionary from the guild library, but it's one of those tall, narrow books that will not stay open. This means that the instructions for just one row can wind up taking several lines in the book, and it's really hard to read.

Well, I'm off to Borders! See you on the other side of DH!

No comments: