Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Is it winter yet?

I need to accept the fact that I do, in fact, live in Oklahoma, a state of four seasons - almost summer, summer, HOT summer, and Christmas. From about May to September, you don't even need to check the weather forecast - it'll be HOT, HUMID, and WINDY. Yet somehow I've chosen to live my life surrounded by wool. Go figure.





Pattern: Emerald, from Knitty.com
Yarn: Recycled Greek wool
Needles: US 10
Cast on: May 22, 2008
Cast off: June 3, 2008

This was a very easy knit. Bulky yarn and size 10 needles make it an almost instant gratification project. I still need to find a button - you can't see it in the picture, but there's a five-stitch buttonhole in the ribbing. I have a few ideas, but I might wind up waiting till winter to pick one.

The shawl collar was much easier than I expected. I messed up on part of the directions, so it's a bit larger than the pattern specifies, but I like it with a slightly bigger collar. It's a big, snuggly, oversized sweater that I'm looking forward to wearing when it's cooler than the surface of the sun outside.



Here's my new knitting toy! It's a yarn meter that I ordered from Amazon.com. With all the recycling I do, it'll come in very handy. Speaking of Amazon.com, I just discovered that you can get YARN there. Lorna's Laces, Misti Alpaca, Cascade, Plymouth...if only they had Malabrigo on there too!

1 comment:

Beverly said...

I want one of those gizmos! It'd be nice to be able to measure how much yarn I have leftover after a project.

The Emerald looks great! Too bad you have to wait months to wear it again. Ah...Oklahoma. Windy and hot. It's fabulous!