Thursday, October 04, 2007

Getting the hang of Thursdays

Another Thursday already? I'd better go ahead and do this week's blogstalker post before the next one's up!

This week: How I Get from Here to There! (here being my house, and there being the lab where I work/live)







Clockwise from top left:
1. My dirty car. I've had this car for almost two years. The car before that, a Mitsubishi Galant, met a messy end on I-40 when a tire blew out at 70 mph. It was my first (and hopefully last!) car accident. If the tire had blown out just a bit earlier or later, I would have gone into oncoming traffic or fallen into a ravine. A positively angelic couple stopped and helped me and my passenger until my dad got there. (That was also the first day that my dad ever went ~20 mph over the speed limit.) Thankfully, no one was seriously hurt. But it still kind of scares me to think about it.
2. The front of my dirty car. Pretty self-explanatory.
3. The floor of my dirty car. (If you're thinking that I usually ride alone, you'd be right.) We've got a Whiz Kids tutor notebook (I tutor a 3rd grade girl on Tuesdays), a sunshield (quite necessary when it's still EIGHTY DEGREES IN OCTOBER), a stray size 6 from some knitting project, a jacket, and a Blockbuster receipt.
4. The passenger seat of my dirty car. Notables include my Bible, the book that two friends and I are studying (Lord, I Want to Know You, by Kay Arthur - it's about the names of God in the Bible), some books that my church library was giving away, and another jacket.

Knitting update: I was up until 11 PM last night doing my first afterthought (or in this case, forethought) heel. I'm not convinced that it's any better than your average heel flap. Dealing with one really long circular needle, waste thread for a stitch holder, more waste thread for a provisional cast-on, and two ends of the same ball of yarn was a bit of a mess, in the same way that tuberculosis is a little cough. Wrestling Harry Potter's giant squid would probably have been easier.

My grafting looks a little wonky, too. I think I may undo it and get rid of the little ears on the sides.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Yep - totally agreed on the afterthought heel. Plus it really doesn't fit my foot that well either.