Saturday, February 24, 2007

I've been up since 6 AM on a Saturday morning!

Well, the contest went pretty well. It was a little scary being in a room full of middle and high schoolers. One student is advancing to state - go J! The piano I played sounded very different from our piano at home - much darker and cloudier, if that makes any sense.

After the contest, I went to the library sale. I found Kathy Dalmeny's World of Knitted Toys, Paintbox Knits (might go back tomorrow to get this one), boxes full of vintage knitting and crochet magazines (I got one with 101 sweater patterns!), America's Knitting Book, by Gertrude Taylor (this one has lots of information about modifying patterns), With Christ in the School of Prayer by Andrew Murray, Mansfield Park by Jane Austen, The Floating Admiral by Agatha Christie, Dorothy L. Sayers, G. K. Chesterton, and "Certain other members of the Detection Club," and two books about buying a house. I also got the most beautiful antique book I've ever seen: The Book of Wild Flowers for Young Readers, by F. Schuyler Mathews.

There's an outlet store for a ridiculously expensive clothing store that's opened within the past year. I got $673 worth of clothes for $45. The dressing rooms are downright creepy, though - it's just a big room with a lot of mirrors and clothing racks. So you get really comfortable with your body really fast. Yikes.

And to top it all off, I got Last-Minute Knitted Gifts from the library! I'm trying to decide whether to cast on for the hourglass sweater tonight or wait until tomorrow...that's such a pretty pattern. I'd buy the book, but it's not a cheap one.

Now I'm pretty doggone worn out. I think a hot bath is in order.

Oh, and if you've never listened to Schickele Mix or Weekend Radio on NPR, your life is woefully humor-deprived.

No comments: