Friday, February 01, 2008

Button, button, who's got the button?

I've got the button! Nine of them, actually.


Pattern: Tangled Yoke Cardigan, from Fall 2007 Interweave Knits
Yarn: Elsebeth Lavold Silky Wool, color #41 (light yellow, although it looks straw-colored to me), 6.25 skeins
Needles: US 3, 2, and 0
Cast on: 10-5-07
Cast off: 1-27-08
Buttons sewn on: 2-1-08

The sleeves are a little longer than they're supposed to be. This is because I modified (messed up on) the sleeve increases. I saw on Ravelry (hint hint Beverly!) that the sleeves tend to be rather large, so I didn't increase as fast as the pattern states. Okay, to be completely honest, I was being stupid and not reading the pattern thoroughly. But I like how they turned out. I prefer my sweaters to have slightly longer sleeves.

I also made the body of the sweater a bit longer than the pattern calls for. I could have made it quite a bit longer still, since I have 2.75 skeins left!

Also, I knit the buttonholes a row early. This made the buttonholes harder than they should have been. (They really weren't that hard, though.)

But this is definitely my favorite FO so far!

6 comments:

Beverly said...

It looks great! I love it and can't wait to see it in person. It looks like you found some great buttons. Did you increase the length of the ribbing? or the stockinette part? I can't tell. I think the sleeves look cute a little long. (Ravelry...I know, I know...warp the time space continuum and I'll do it, okay?)

Jo said...

It looks wonderful on you!

Beverly said...

Beautiful! Can't wait to get started on mine.

Linda said...

Saw it last night and it was gorgeous!

kemtee said...

Another great job!

Tara said...

your sweater turned out lovely!