Sunday, January 13, 2008

Have I mentioned that I love knitting?

I've been working on the Tangled Yoke Cardigan almost nonstop since Christmas. I finally figured out how to do two sleeves at once on one circular needle - yay! - and I joined the sleeves to the body of the cardigan last Friday. Yes, that's about 17 days on the sleeves, and here's how I did it:
1. There was very little to do over Christmas Break besides eat, drink tea, and knitting. Which one doesn't make you gain weight or give you caffeine jitters? Yup.
2. The Thursday after I went back to work, I had to take my car in to the shop, because when they replaced the timing belt ($$), it had gotten off a notch/cog/doohickey, making the car shake. Thankfully, I'd grabbed my knitting bag on my way out the door, because three hours later, the mechanic told me that the repair would probably take all day. But at least I had been knitting through those three hours! I got a good six inches of the sleeves done that day. (Plus, they gave me free spark plugs, and I wasn't charged for the repair!) That day was "I knit so I do not kill people" day.
3. Knit-In at the Gourmet Yarn Company - four hours of knitting time! Stockinette is great for Knit-Ins.

I messed up a bit on the sleeve shaping, so the sleeves are a bit longer and narrower than the pattern says, but several people on Ravelry said the sleeves tend to run a bit large in this pattern.


Oh, and FYI to Oklahoma residents and visitors: admission to the OKC Zoo is free on Mondays and Tuesdays in January and February! It's recently undergone some renovations, so if you haven't been to the Zoo lately, this is a great time to go. There's a new Oklahoma Trails exhibit with animals found in the state - including a large room with bats flying around. We went on New Year's Eve Day, and aren't these little foxes the cutest?

1 comment:

Beverly said...

It's coming along! You're almost to the best part...that fabulous cable. I'll be starting on it fairly soon. I'm working on the second sleeve after fudging around with the stitch count on the first. The zoo is great, isn't it? Those little foxes are adorable! I like the grizzly bears too - even if they are a bit on the ferocious side.